We are connected in so many ways with Mother Nature-her cycles, her rhythms, her raw nature. Blessings are the awareness and the ability to tap into our deeper selves and to mindfully connect with theses rhythms to find growth and transformation in our lives. The new or dark moon is a time for deep reflection, to set new intentions and allow space for new growth. There are many ways to work with this energy, and often times it's a matter of resonates with you for the moment. I was introduced to working with the new moon with the Goddess and archetype Lilith, and om my Goddess did I find it a delicious way to go!
When the moon phases fall under specific astrological signs, we can deepen our work that much more for intention and transformation. With new moon in Scorpio we find opportunities to tap into our sensual selves-elements of passion, ambition and resilience.
Lilith is a dark moon goddess-willful, powerful. Scorpio offers transformation and a direct line into primordial energy. Like our Mother Moon we are cyclical creatures, falling into a rhythm of creation, destruction, and shedding of our old energies and layers that no longer serve. This is the time to sink into our shadow selves and see what lies beneath the surface......and awaken into our passion and our power.
Lilith is most famously know for being cast out of the Garden of Eden when she refused to be subordinate to Adam and fled to live in exile in the Red Sea. She got the bad rep of being an evil demon who flew into your home at night to eat the children and seduce the men. Forever cast out for making her own choices and being in charge of her own pleasure. Her totem is the sacred serpent, and we call call upon her to embody independence and the will to live loud and with passion.
With new moon energy we take the time to reflect, to dream and to plant seeds. What new ways can you connect to your own sexuality? What sensual side of yourself needs rekindling? As we cast off a layer of ourselves that is too heavy to carry, allow the shimmering radiance beneath shine through. This is a time to connect to and honor our Divine feminine self, to step into our power and our passion.
Set something into motion today. Something that ignites a spark within your very being. Let any wounds or raw spots heal with this new energy, honoring all lessons that have been bestowed upon you. Here is a new moon ritual to work with Lilith and honor your journey, your passion and your most sacred self.
NEW MOON RITUAL WITH LILITH
1. Take a ritual cleansing bath, infused with oils of jasmine and bergamont (a few rose petals wouldn't hurt, either!) Set your intentions, allowing the water to cleanse and release anything keeping you from seeing your Divine radiance and grace. The water element is deeply connected with the moon, and ourselves being made of mostly water allows our interconnection to be that much stronger.
2. Put something on that makes you feel sensual, material that is pleasing to the touch. From simple sexy panties, or perhaps nothing at all! Do this for yourself, it's not for anyone else- unless you chose it to be so.
3. If you'd like to set up an altar for Lilith you can include red wine, dark chocolate and ruby red or maroon candles, cloths or jewelry-this color represents the wise blood of the woman (even if we are no longer bleeding in our moon cycles) and the magic that resides within. I've also included a picture of her sacred serpent and her flower, the lily, but the rose and poppy are said to be among her favorites as well.
4. Sit in meditation to shed any layers, offer yourself healing and embrace the quiet energy of the dark moon. Draw the darkness into yourself to transform into light and illuminate any new path you set for yourself. Awaken into your most sacred self and offer a new way to see yourself as Divine, magical and confident.
5. In a seated position, ground down through the hips and allow just the rib cage to shift from side to side, then in circles. Moving slowly, perhaps with eyes closed, feel the rhythm of the body moving in a fluid, flowing motion......moon energy is soft, nurturing. Spend some time here to connect with your fluidity and grace thought movement.
6. Find yourself on hands and knees (what us yogis call table top) and pretend you have a paint brush attached to the end of your tail bone, with eyes closed imagine drawing a circle on the wall behind you with that paint brush. Slow moving circles, feeling the movement of the pelvis sweeping to one side, then to the other-awakening your sacral and solar plexus Chakras. The sacral or Svadhisthana Chakra is an energy center located just below the navel. Known as the sweetness, it's the seat of our desires, pleasures, intimacy and sensuality. The solar plexus or Mani Pura Chakra is located above the navel and governs our self confidence and self-esteem. Spend as much time as you'd like here to activate this sacred energy.
7. Put on some music that moves you, and simply move. Dance, spin, stomp and flail about with primordial energy allowing any energy shifts to take place to awaken into a new confident and sensual you.
Literally dance like no one's watching!
8. Should you partake, enjoy some of the red wine and dark chocolate as you sit once again. Eyes closed, falling back into that quiet space and let that new energy quell within your very being.
You are magical, connected to everything in the Universe. Never let anyone tell you differently, or that you are not beautiful, radiant and magnificent. We all have the ability to be vulnerable, quiet and soft, but to also be powerful, ever healing and resilient......
Magical moon blessings, lovely one!
Solar Eclipse 2017 Meditation
The afternoon of August 21st, the moon will make its way between the earth and the sun, hitting its peak eclipse time around 2:27 pm EST. Eclipses are ways for the Universe to help get your soul back on track. In our human experiences, our egos can get in our way and we get off course, distracted by the many things in life. Think of this eclipse as a SUPER CHARGED new moon. The time between the full moon lunar eclipse and this new moon solar eclipse, we find ourselves moving through a portal of energy. This end side of the portal we must choose to move through to find real transformation. The sun and the moon come together, and a brave, warrior energy revolutionary with inspiration will come through! This is the time to close a chapter in your life for good, to see what you have learned up until this point and how you can move forward from this point on. Find a comfortable seat and enjoy this solar eclipse meditation to work towards your best self.
Enjoy an MP3 recording of the meditation here
Imagine yourself inside a portal of energy, a spinning vortex that tunnels both behind you and as well as in front. Behind you all the things that no longer serve you. What do you look back upon that you are ready to fully release? What can you pull from the root so you are sure it is never to return? Anything you sense may be holding you back from being your best self now has permission to let go, allow it to lift up from your being and float into the cosmos.
As you face a new beginning before you, you now have space to fill with what your heart desires. What seeds to you wish to plant in place of what you removed? What lights you up, and makes you feel like the person you’ve always wanted to be? Now is the time to move through this energy shift, emerging on the other side with warrior energy, determination and strength. Sit within this portal, surrounded by its energy, safe and protected. Take the time to contemplate your trajectory in your own evolution, which direction will it take you?
Musings for the Meditation: (to contemplate or journal)
1. Do you feel any remaining obstacles or resistance to creating the life that you want? Can you till the soil of your mind to uncover the deep-rooted beliefs that are holding you back?
2. When you think of your ultimate or true self what words come to mind?
3. Can you picture in your mind’s eye what your ultimate self looks like? How does it make you feel?
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Well this super-charged month of transformation is upon us....are you ready for what it's about to bring? With two eclipses this month, a full moon lunar eclipse followed by a new moon solar eclipse we are being presented with an auspicious opportunity for a full cosmic reboot. While astrology is not my strong suit, research is. So while I'll not spend this article talking about your sign or what houses the eclipses fall in, I've done the research and have you covered on what to expect and how to use these energies coming forth this month.
Eclipses are a time of change and transformation, as are the beginning and end of a lunar cycle. Typically the time of the full moon is a peak time for emotions and manifestation, as well as a time to let go of what's no longer working. The new moon is our reflection time and a time to plant new seeds and set new intentions. The moon is our 'inner world' and emotions (yin energy), the sun is our 'outer world', our actions (yang energy). Lost yet? Stay with me.
Before we get to the nitty gritty on what to expect, let's take a moment for a little Eclipse 101. Here's the basic breakdown of lunar and solar eclipses.
What is an eclipse? An event that involves 3 celestial bodies and their relationship in position to each other; the sun, the moon and earth.
Lunar Eclipse: An event that happens at night when the earth passes between the moon and the sun. This event is safe to watch with the naked eye.
Solar Eclipse: An event that happens during the day when the moon passes between the earth and the sun. This is NOT safe to view with the naked eye as it can cause serious damage. (see where to get your solar eclipse viewers below)
Ok, now that we have the basics down, let's explore what can expect with these two celestial events. Eclipses are ways for the Universe to help get your soul back on track. In our human experiences our egos can get in our way and we get off course, distracted by the many things in life. And as Yasmin Boland of Moonology put it, 'these two eclipses act as a portal to a new existence, it's whether or not we choose to go through it or not!' It's important to remember the energy at the time of an eclipse can be 'solidified in the air' on Earth, and this energy can be felt for 3-6 months after the eclipse. The heightened energies being put forth can begin to be felt 2-3 days before the eclipse, so it's important to pay attention and be mindful of our thoughts and actions.
Let's start with the full moon lunar eclipse to happen on Monday August 7th. This heightened time of energy will work as a SUPER PURGE to ourselves physically, emotionally and spiritually. Don't fight the change and don't fear the clearing process! The glow during this lunar eclipse will work to illuminate all that is not working in our lives, a time to really see and accept what we need to let go of. So take this time to look at yourself square in the eye, be real, be honest, and get to the raw underbelly of your emotions. Let go of any resistance and consciously work to release what's been holding you back from your true or SOUL purpose.
The color of the lunar eclipse can vary, and this all depends on the amount of dust in the atmosphere. Color of the eclipse can be changing shades of gray, dark brown, to gorgeous and fiery red or orange. From what I've found it's said that we will not be able to view the lunar eclipse from North America, but you know I'll still be outside doing my work! Click here to download my lunar eclipse musing and meditation sheet to use during the eclipse!
Now it's time for the new moon solar eclipse to take place just two weeks later on Monday August 21st. Times for the maximum view of this event vary depending where you are in the world. If you're in Detroit as I am, the count down and beginning is at 1:00 pm and the max view of eclipse is around 2:27 pm. This event will end 3:47 pm EST, so it lasts for almost 4 hours! The event has a larger energetic effect on us as well as other animals, plus cool effects to really pay attention to.
So to begin, think of this eclipse as a SUPER CHARGED new moon. This is the end side of the portal we must choose to move through to find real transformation. The sun and the moon come together, and a brave, warrior energy revolutionary with inspiration will come through! This is the time to close a chapter in your life for good, to see what you have learned up until this point and how you can move forward from this point on. This can also been seen as a disruption in energy flow, so be aware of how you are feeling. Hyper-awareness can emerge and it can be confusing to some, so stay connected to your intuition.
And here are some really cool things to look for during the solar eclipse. Remember, you can NOT safely look at the eclipse without proper eye wear, I ordered my eclipse viewing glasses here.
Well, there you have it. My breakdown on what to expect during these two rare events that could very well change your life! And to make it extra interesting, Mercury goes retrograde in between it all on Saturday August 12th! But that's a whole other discussion.......Join me in my Goddess Session on Thursday August 31st to discuss our experiences with the eclipses and discuss what Mercury in Retrograde means and how to work with it properly. Good luck and God speed, lovlies. See you on the other side of the portal!
Hello lovelies. Thank you for letting me express my journey of discovering my magic and Divine Feminine. I am happy to share my experiences with you to heal, love, and evolve.